- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
- Potato salad
This wonderful dairy free Thai-inspired potato salad is jam packed with flavours and is a bold alternative to the more traditional potato salads. This potato salad works really well with Thai-inspired fish dishes and some leafy greens.
14 people made this
- 900g (2 lb) salad potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2.5cm (1 in) piece root ginger, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons crushed dry roasted peanuts
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the potatoes for 20 minutes until soft. Remove, drain and cut into halves.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the fish sauce, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Transfer the cooked potatoes to the large bowl and stir to coat with the dressing.
- Transfer the potato salad to a serving bowl, season well and garnish with the chopped coriander and crushed peanuts.
- Serve warm or cold.
To be sure that this dish is indeed dairy free, read the label to check that the fish sauce does not contain any dairy additives.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
OMG I love it but I had to change a few things due to personal reasons. So I changed the chilli to Thai sweet chilli sauce, used fresh garlic and ginger and didn't use the coriander or peanuts for garnish... Instead I used avacodo on top.. But besides that everything was the same and OMG I wasn't expecting it to be so good!And my partner wasn't expecting it to taste good due to the smell from the fish sauce and he enjoyed it aswell and he's hard to please hahaThank you (:-26 Apr 2015
Love anything Thai. Did a big bowl at a BBQ for friends and it was delicious. Much better than boring old potato salad.-12 Sep 2013